Tuesday 1 May 2012

Photo finishes Grrrrrr

Poor month for the satchel really beaten in photos for the Grand national -  Scottish grand national  and yesterday for the Vfb stand out bet at Kempton   Kakapuka 50/1 (Took keen hold, raced wide first 2f, prominent, driven over 2f out, closed with pack over 1f out, challenged last 100yds, pipped on the post (op 40-1)) 


But that's racing for you when the fixtures are all over the place and heavy heavy ground .  enjoyed racing at Sandown and there is nothing like being on the track even though the crowds were down  and the weather icy .


I saw some exhilarating animals for the future not least of them Grey Mirage and Sanctuaire   which are firmly in my nag me list 


I am not much interested in the  VFB naps table but it was very very close fought affair for April well done to  so many  top guys ending up with such a startling profit (though my animals would have slayed them if the photos went the other way!)


Exeter over the sticks (The fence and open ditch past the stands will be omitted along with the last hurdle in the back straight) and Yarmouth on the flat are both predicted as heavy ground with more rain to come  Sedgfield evening meeting is heavy ground.


Such ground and end of season makes mockery of the form book and having to make judgement on too many factors outside of the profile.


Will have my usual few quid on the markets but its all BTl for me till my luck turns!


 Bob  


No comments: