Saturday 14 May 2011

Saturday 14th Scoop6

Could do with some of the luck of last week..........there are some very competitive handicaps today and no suprise if no one wins the Scoop6.
For what its worth this is what I am putting my £2 on......
2.00 Newb Drunken Sailor ticks a lot of boxes and teh yard is doing well 1
2.35 Newb Mac's Dream but am worried that it is his first time out this year 2
2.50 Newm Tactician a son of Motivator - remember offspring have 43% strike rate as 3yo.. 2
3.10 Newb Al Kazeem Charlton yard doing well and an improving horse 1
3.25 Newm Glencadam Gold picked this out from VFB stats......& from Cecil yard who seem to do nothing wrong at the moment 1
3.45 Newb Twice Over did I tell you I like Cecil's horses? Canford Cliffs doesn't do well first time out & can be very fresh.....Dick Turpin goes better the other way round a race track.....I admit I really have had difficulty working this one out, Canford Should win but a niggle somewhere says he won't and don't be suprised if there is an unexpected winner....woudn't it be wonderful if teh old warrior Balthazar's Gift did it......so why did I not back Canford?........but money in the sachel today......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First off John - well done on your last two naps - great strike rate with a 10/1 and 13/2 shot on consecutive days... your fun with the scoop six is well received and will be proud when your boat comes in to say "you read it here first"
This week is very hard to have clear winners and as good as Canford Cliffs is that's going to be some big race in which I have taken the each way chance on Red Jazz
Newmarket 2.50I also like the chances of Tactician fresh - won well after 191 layoff and will love the course distance and ground (Tominator for the place market he only ever gets going late in 1m4f races by generous should well get the trip of 1m6f) on fast ground
Argocat will give you a race in the 3.25 newmarket -

Unknown said...

that made for a very close but no cigar scoop John! hard luck with first time up Tactician thought we were in the money there

JohnB said...

Bob, thanks for the input...much appreciated.....had a profitable Saturday....May & June are usually teh best months on teh flat for 3yo+...

I'm of to the Land of my Fathers for a week on business so no betting or tips for a while.

Good luck, I'll be back....

John