Sunday 9 January 2011

Just noticed this !!

Morning all,

I've had connection probs hence no posts. I was just rating some all weather horses when I came across something I obviously missed in December. It concerns a horse, Dubai Hills (who must be a banker bet in the 2.45 Southwell today - doubt will get odds against unfortunately). Anyway, back to the reason for the post, the horse started favourite in a Class 4 over 7 furlongs at this track (Won at 9/4 , 3.86 was the BSP) ... it won by 13 lengths, making all and never headed going clear just over a furlong out, at which point it was available in-running on the exchanges at 7/1 !!!! I missed it so doubt I was punting that day.... came out again , 2nd January, same class, course and distance... won by 8 lengths, never headed, at 4/6 !!! MAXIMUM price available in running that day was 1.76. A hell of a lot of times, in all racing, entering the final furlong or over the last, the obvious winner will be trading at around 1.6 or similar, stick in a back bet in running at 2.00, be sure to have a lay bet ready to go at something like 1.2 (in case of disaster!)... we obviusly want the evens to get matched ... it will LOTS of times .. once matched stick a lay bet in as above ... money for nothing, except, it helps to have the race on so you actually know whats going on!!!

I just looked through Southwell. This looks a day for favourites. Pretty much all short priced so no bets unless matched at ridiculous odds... plan for the day is to sell the favourites at Southwell on the spreads.... good luck all

Edit Bought number of winning favourites at Southwell @ 2.7 (so I need at least three!!)

Another favourite I like today at Southwell is Even Stevens in the 3.20. This is a decentish priced favourite that should confirm the win over Shostsovich (you can get just better than 2/1 on the exchanges at the moment 10.30)

Over at Leopardstown we have the MCR Handicap Hurdle (2.25) where Pricewise has gone for Final Approach - this WAS 14's but backed into around 10's , I priced this up as 15/2 Final Approach, 8/1 Tijuana Dancer , I have the favourite as a 16/1 chance so that's a lay Prima Vista .. I've matched the back bets Final Approach and Tijuana Dancer, but would like Bobs opinion before laying the favourite!!

No comments: