Saturday 1 January 2011

New Years Day

Bob, the 2.50 at Exeter....agree its deuced difficult!

How about Just The Job ok its up 18 lb (ignore the claimer he rode it last time out) has won easily (16l+) in the last two appearances, so allowing 3lb a length has 48lb in hand, less 7lb for a rise in class , less the 18lb gives 23lb in hand over the horses it beat last time.......there is of course not a lot of comparative data to go on.....the given mark is probably about right but the horse has shown a huge improvement.......but will it continue?

Mic's Delight lost by 3 lengths to Points West last time out (and had a claimer) so I can't have him

Castlerock was not particularly fluent at Aintree under AP last time.......

I would plump for Just The Job as I think he has more to give

In the 1.30 at Chel I have gone for The Sliotar but am worried that he is a fragile horse ran one in 2009 and 2x in 2010.......I couldn't bring myself to back Maljimar having fallen the last 2 times I would worry about confidence, I do agree he has been a class act

So, my Scoop 6 selections are:

1.30 Chel The Silotar PU

2.00 Chel Medermit (nap) 2

2.15 Exet Salden Licht 1

2.35 Chel Taranis 1

2.50 Exet Just the Job

3.10 Chel Kilcrea Kim

Good luck all!

John

No comments: