Wednesday 27 July 2011

Glorious Goodwood - Wednesday

3.45 Johnston is three handed in this again, and I really do like the chnaces of Fallon's mount Halifax. Won a grade 4 over this distnace (up 13lbs) and then ran a creditable 5th to yesterdays Gordon Stakes winner Namibian (5th ran out of stamina after chasing the front 2 over that 2 miles). I don't think the handicapper has been too harsh.

In the 4.20 I am backing the twice raced Scrooby Doo. A complete outsider, but has had 2 runs, is a handy type (what you need here), drawn well and I love the trainer.

3.10 After my Denman-esque like punt on Frankel, ante post for the 2,000 guineas, I thought I would be keeping my powder dry for much of the season, BUT I will be taking as much 4/5 or better on Frankel today! Just keep offering the lay's anyone and I'll be snapping them up. All Queally has to do is try and be calm, patient - that'll see this wonder horse winning by a minimum of 2 lengths! I can see over 12k at 1.8 and better already... I must be at the front of the queue snapping up their money....

Elsewhere, I like Folk Tune 2.55 Perth.

Happy punting people

Edit: Frankel won as he liked - a real superstar and a BIG winner for me. Folk Tune won well and the price wasn't that bad. Halifax had a bad run and Fallon was all over the place before easing down - a good day though :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with that one Martin hope to be back to watch the race but I disagree that the handicapper has not been harsh with it up a massive 19lbs for a win in class 4 at Newcastle looks a tad harsh to me and though he achieved 90 over 2miles last time - this is his distance, but, has it improved enough to do it in this grade? I quite like the chances of Tanfeeth and to a degree the improver of Faheys Bridal belle (though that must be each way)
cant have a bet till nearer the off this market could whizz all over the place

Anonymous said...

We'll see young man! Talk later mate.