Friday 8 April 2011

A few thoughts........

I'm sorry to see the NH season come to a close........just as I get the time to concentrate on winning some cash.....Think I'll need dosage (red or white): to make head or tails of 2 yo......

Interestingly I had a chance to visit Robin Bastiman's yard earlier in the week, he had a couple of 2 yo in boxes next to older horses......what a difference....its just made me even less certain about putting money on babies......I guess its just pot luck at this stage.

Today.......Aintree, I'm not surprised that Denman did not perform yesterday his course stats suggested that he wouldn't.

I couple for consideration in the 2.00 A MEDIA LUZ would appear to have an eachway chance, it was 2nd to Grandout (who would have won yesterday if not brought down..) in Nov and was going reasonably well at Cheltenham before pulled up, so there is some faith to be given.

In the 4.15 I cannot see past Sparky May to whom I pass the dubious honour of being my nap..a hugely improving horse, ticks most of teh boxes for course & ground stats too.......little known trainer though and perhaps speed not great.

Good luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI John - good to see you - your Sparky May was a right madam today refused to settle and looked the winner at the back straight but ran out of puff she was def the form pick but that's racing the ground too fast for her methinks?

Unknown said...

Tell us more of the Bastiman yard visit John - what did he tell you about his animals targets etc? all great stuff for the notebook mate and a few general notes about the yard wont go amiss either!
cheers
Bob