Tuesday 12 April 2011

Racing

Bob, I agree.......the racing today is naff........and as you say form will count for nothing. The level of prize money is low and getting lower which has all sorts of repercussions......I will write more about our Bastiman yard visit later in the week but I have never seen so many happy horses! Facilities may not be a Cecil or Stout but the Horses all knew him and were pleased to see him........I'd send my horse there (If I had one!!). Borderlescott is probably in his last season but looked fit and well and in good coat. Signeur was considered to be a bit backward and will do better this year. A sign of the times was that a couple of horses that were to be sold on reached less than £200 at the Doncaster sales and were brought home rather than end up in the knackers......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

its just so good to go to a yard and I envy your visit - cant wait for the full story please make yourself some time the £200 sale figure is a real sign of the times with yards in deep trouble so that makes me reflect a bit about the poor fare today if the yards get a few quid in from a gamble then this is the type of racing it will occur in and power to their elbow --- but there are already too many knacker yards re-opening in the west country