Friday 3 February 2012

Ffos Lass ???

I checked and went trough the cards tommorow and picked up the biggest prize money race and cannot see anything beat Oscar Whiskey on form agree, but in this race there are several that had a good form on paper a while ago but really failed the last races. I skipped the race pretty fast.
The 15.50 3m Novice Chase is interesting as its a 5 runner field here with favourite Teafortree, that beat Cannington Brook with 15 lengths, but this was Canningtons seasonal reappearance, nevertheless I watched the videos from Cannington in Haydock in a Class 2 when it won, I think it wasnt a strong opposition, the Coral Welsh National was I think also a thing of weight on heavy thing, when horses got real advantage off a low weight and there were several who raced before high class races that were just tired like Carruthers and under these conditions a form to be wary of,as this was a very targeted race for horses like Le Beau Bai. Cannington Brook finisihed 5th there and didnt impress me visually like his race before. One here in this field that I had a close look at on the videos was Maringo Bay, this horse is young 6 years relatively unexposed with 6 races in Britain and decent sire with Old Vic here. It raced LTo in Chepstow over 3m Heavy against a pretty good horse in sprint finish with Alfie Spinner and it looked visually pretty similar to Teafortrees win in Chepstow over same distance and Ground. So i thought 10.0 BSP could be value and then I saw that Maringo Bay won against the 2.34 BSP fav Teaforthree here in Ffoslass with 9 lenghts in February 2011 over hurldes quite easily. So given that they raced against each other and Cannington Brook has heavy load of weight and Maringo Bay has low weight here and showed his best 2nd LTo on Heavy I really think that the position RAG is wrong here.Its a close affair here as Viking Blond won against Alfie Spinner, but this was against him, when having seasonal reappearance. As I think in these conditions the weight factor could be also important and the odds are so high I stay with my selection, also do I think, they are all not very far to each other from their class here. As a saver Lay i will oppsose Teaforthree here pricewise, its a 2.3 favourite here ??? at least to me there is a big why in this, has a 3 length bonus against Viking Blond but had also a +5lbs that day and Viking Blond faded late over 3m1f today its 3mile, so one against him closely, Cannington Brook he beat with 15 lenghts but this was Canningtons seasonal reappearance and is on form not out here, as raced after questionable Class 2 Class 1 races at least for me, but isnt out aswell here, The fav lost with 9 lengths over hurdles against my selection on this course here and Bens Folly is also not a no hoper here, whcih Icant quite judge quite well, but he has 1st place and beaten a now 140 rated hurdler Raslan, and is on his profile set up for this race here, he finsihed 2nd on his Chase debut to a runner, which didnt follow up yet, so also this horse has chances here and looked okay on video. Hopefully the Im right with the Lay, but I cant have Teaforthree for the simple reason that it lost in normal form pointer with 9 lenghts and is prized 2.3 fav. To me thats a Lay!
In the 14.10 2m4f Novice Hcp Hurdle I give Elsafeer 16,0 BSP a big shout simply looking at class and his visual impression, this horse looks athletic and raced a very decent race upto the last hurdle against the best in the hurdling league with Brampour and Via Galilei and I think when you ignore conditions the odds of 16.0 BSP are a bit high here. It really looked a nice horse until LTO and won several, so i think it was outclassed and today its completely different matter in class 3.I like the Knock an Hand very much, but the price is too low. Elsaffer raced on Soft very sweetly early in its career.

Back Maringo Bay to Win + Place 10,0 BSP
Lay TeaForThree to Win 2.3 BSP
Back Elsafeer to Win + Place 16,0 BSP


Good Luck!

No comments: