Sunday 12 February 2012

Sunday

Leopardstown Hennessy Gold Cup Grade 1 Chase

I dont know why, but I really like here the complete RAG Treacle at 16 BSP to place for 2 places.
I think this horse is underrated and the way it moves and looks physically is top notch to me. Im impressed from the runin in Gowran 3rd LTO and LTO in this big field here in Leopardstown how it closed late. I highly rate Quel Esprit but I think the odds for Treacle are really massive for a place chance, as i dont like a few things in the others,so will try small stakes for a place.
This horse is ridden by Townend and Quel Esprit will stretch the field and I have the feeling that this will benefit Treacle a lot as a stayer, he raced with Townend in 11/10/09 Lim ( 83 Speed Rating patternform) in a big field 66k race and they went off fast stretching the field and this horse stayed on very strongly under Townend, that despite class/age questionmarks for first time Grade 1 I cannot rule it out from my visual impression ignoring form.
The 15.00 Exeter Montbazon, Molotof and Urbain De Sivola are all priced 3.0 BSP and all are good horses, very hard to separate in my view at these odds. One horse here in this race has a bit of my attention though Chesil Beach Boy is a 9 year old that won three consecutive races in Wincanton in a row and is priced at the 25+ mark here in this contest. It really isnt from his physical appearance a no hoper is very athletic and big and has phases travelling very sweetly and this is the thing I believe if this horse stops running in snatches and carrying his head more right it will have much more abiliy , it won all three races but still had heaps of problems with his racing style and issues and when they worked with this horse properly it has some ability and can improve on that, i meets 3 strong horses here, but it has a chance on its day i think. Its very speculative and approached small, as the other three are top class.
In the 16.40 Exeter I fancy Requin 15.o BSP on his spring form in this race here. likes it around Exeter and has in comparison to these here some class i think with his perfromances against The Minack when fell, against as De Fer, against Hidden Keel. Will have an easier task today I think.

No comments: