Friday 31 December 2010

Crunch Day VFB naps table for December 2010

Forgive me for being more interested in the Vfb naps table with so many in it and the lurkers are in command methinks -  am turning my attention to Warwick and the 2.20 (forecast soft ground) and a cracking 3mile chase
 top of the market is McCoy on the filly Rate Of Knots and Mr Big under Peter Toole  - it should be a fast run race and both animals are in my book with loads of notes on praising them for the distance and ground - they met last time at Towcester over 2m6f both behind Bobby Gee and both will improve for the run.
 Am making up my mind on these two and which I shall nap with the preference for the gelding at this moment. I love Mr Big for one of the most honest jumpers in handicaps and think his time has come - has better for right handed but won well at Chepstow (which is an easy track for a right hander) and this extra distance will play to his strengths Toole is a claimer plus and the horse can give me the edge - Warwick has some of the same characteristics as Chepstow without the climb to the line and that will suite Mr Big Well. 


 already posted up on the board is Annimation (2.50 Warwick) who also has a lot going for her and will carry some of my money today. This filly could easily take the napster to the top of the table 
 good luck all - this is what the Vfb is all about on the last day of the month


Result - yippeeeeeee

Mr Big 5/1
Rate Of Knots 11/4 

Arnold Layne 5/1 
10 ran Distances: hd, 15l, 3½l
TIME 6m 24.10s (slow by 22.10s)
Jockey: Peter Toole
Trainer: C J Mann
WIN £5.60 PL £1.70, £1.50, £2.10
Ex £14.00
CSF £19.88

4 comments:

JohnB said...

Good Luck to all.......the die is set and I have fired my final shot in this campaign - Glenwood Knight which won at evens in the 1.10 at Uttoxeter.....

JohnB said...

Brilliant Call Bob.......Well done!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much John -when I saw your knag canter home by 9l pulling a cart and you went ahead of me I thought the writing was on the wall - When Mccoy started to get a run out of Rtae of knots I knew the writing was on the wall - was the only one in the room that thought had got beat (Pam simply screamed "YESSSSS GET IN THERE) Very Unlady like indeed!
But I had to watch the replay twice before I believed it and they called the result. I could not back it reverse forecast simply the forecast so at one time thought had lost that too!

Unknown said...

sorry about the speeling mistakes but the kids are here and cracking open the champers - xx