Monday 6 December 2010

weather -- oh oh 061210 Bobt

Looking at the racing post weather and going forecasts we will be lucky if we get any turf/jumps till Friday  the 10th - Cheltenham are putting covers down the complete tracks with forecasts down to -5 it looks grim. Any thaw will be welcome and in the mean time its Christmas shopping for me ---
BOWLS 
 Went to the bowls club last night and played the yard of the jack competition for the Christmas turkey - wonder of wonders 3 woods in the circle last wood 3 inches away from the jack that gives me maximum 5 points and in the lead ( my bowl partners amazed at the skill and dexterity flow and finesse) was questioned for 20 mins to establish if I was a ringer) Only if the next 100 guys get any better score ie 3 in the circle  two in the last foot or one touching the jack will I be robbed. So have crossed off the turkey purchase!   (yeah right)   
COME DANCING
At Last that old nasty has been eliminated from Come Prancing -revolting creature that she is without any form of social grace (she really did think her remaining in was a triumph of  personality over the lovelies) urrgh - but at least was not forced to watch as was by that time already at the card table. nice to pick up the money on her elimination though -- think there are two eliminations this weekend and am taking a price on the welsh rugby playing dlido and the country file matinee idol to go --- 
POKER 
-- and it happened again  - held a royal flush  in holdum - AND No One had a hand to even go through three rounds ---
 Mazie and Pippa 
Thanks for the comment on Maize picture John - she's 5 yrs old now and compared to the Pippa is as thick as a brick but she learns slow and it sticks - she is superbe and will now walk into a field instead of racing off after the first sign of a rabbit in the distance -  the ground worries me at the moment as she can jar herself badly at full stretch her legs are like matchsticks and chasing is extremely dodgy.


Am probably off for a bit of pigeon shooting this week  down at Minster in Kent but will only be taking Pippa to retrieve - will put up a few pics of the day


 good luck all with the AW rubbish at least the layers and traders will make a killing


 Bobt  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy boy Bob! I've had a number of royal flushes that haven't paid out - and I played them cannily. What are you doing watching that dancing programme?? What's wrong with you??! Telly is for racing, football and the odd film...end of ! How's Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale? Still watching them :)

And Bowls !!! You've let me down there too mate.

I agree with you entirely regarding the all weather, but after your superb one and only Nap, I need to pick some as it's the only racing likely for days to come.

Martin

Unknown said...

How can you play a royal flush cannily if no one else has cards? when they fold before you have a chance to raise the stakes all you have is might have been---
I watch the dancing programme because I have two wonderful girls and can bet as well - have had only one losing week so far and that's better than my strike rate on the horses!
pleased to report I have no idea what your talking about those other programmes
Bowls - well its mainly for the pint of old and filthy and chatting up the ladies in fishnet tights (may have overdone the old and filthy or confused with the lap dancing club next to the transport cafe)
just back from a healthy walk along the beach with the dawgs time for me afternoon nap
Bob

Anonymous said...

I checked om each turn until the river which landed me the royal, and I only put small bets on the river and the gits fold!!
I'll let you off the dance programme if you're winning dosh lol

Late nap for you today mate.

Be back tomorrow - good luck if you decide to back my Nap Tevez (which will win btw)

Anonymous said...

Okay so it won't !!! lol damned all weather - further behind now!

Unknown said...

never had to reach the river card to get it Martin was wired well before had it at the flop -- looked good with a pair of jacks and ace - the river card a club -- hoped the jacks/ace were going to be matched at least but all I did was pick up the ante
never mind (Doh)