Sunday 29 January 2012

Sunday bets!

Leop 15.30

Back Hurricane Fly 1.64 BSP

My only bet today with real stakes.

Reason: LTO perfromances against Menorah, Binocular, Thousand Stars, Oscar Whisky was superb and I wanna see this horse one day against Big Bucks. I cannot see any of the other horses reach this class and so the layoff is the only factor here to me. I will observe closely the paddock though and then decide my bet.

Leop 1.25

Back Blackstairmountain 3.55 BSP

Because the favourite drifted like that, im happy to jump on at these circumstances, as I had the feeling is the one horse, that has something in hand to improve and if getting a fats race in the soft conditions I trust Ruby Walsh to get this home. At the odds in the morning of 2.50 I wouldnt put a cent on it, but at 3.55 I think ist very good bet I will add to my daily selections. The Soft ground will allow, that it wont get outpaced, this is actually a positive i think and has Ruby on Board and looked the best stayer, as there are enough front runners in this I feel has again all chances.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the Fly Rade Ooozz's class and has the form in the book but there are chinks in the armour enough for me to back against it today. It has been to the well too many times for it to be this price - it is being readied for cheltenham and 8 yr old's don't have the same ability first time out as the younger brigade - it is a horse that relies on a sprint finish and they know how to blunt that in this race - its pouring with rain at leopardstown and am happy that Unaccompanied will relish that she is a very good mare indeed and the weight will help

Benhorseracing said...

I think the Soft Ground +layoff could be well negative, but with aiming I think in this case of Hurricane Fly like Big Bucks, they wanna keep the data clean with wins.

Unknown said...

went 2s in running god knows why Rade hope you filled your boots

Benhorseracing said...

I didnt notice how athletic this horse looks live, looks like arnold schwarzengger on steroids from the muscles.

Jack Sparrow said...

The Fly is a beast, and the Champion Hurdle is his to lose.