Monday 27 September 2010

I was up earlier than the norm this morning, as I have an appointment at the clinic. No Bob! Not that kind of clinic !! I give blood (usually alcohol to be more accurate) at least once a month - I like the biscuits, certainly not the damned needles. I am also quite fond of nurses (the female kind). Being of rare breed (i.e someone that makes money from Horse racing), I am in great demand, or so they tell me!!

Sorry, I have digressed from the subject of this blog - Horse Racing, and more to the point, the absolute dire they have dished up today! Having already spent three hours analysing, studying etc - not one horse came up from my notebook! This indicates a day of laying as opposed to backing. The markets won't even begin to settle until after 10, which leaves me a couple of hours. What the hell do I do? Sleep is not an option - like TGLL sleep is for wimps. I've already updated my countless databases (no Bob, I will NOT sell them). Now, if I was Bob, I would be no doubt counting the money he has stashed under his floorboards - has he mentioned how he likes nothing better than to count his cash? No, I thought not. The only word in his vocabulary is 'withdraw' - count the number of times he say's that word.

I know!!! I will preach to you all the two words that we must all adhere to! DISCIPLINE and RECORDS (not 78's Bob!). IF you want to make a profit from this game, you must keep detailed records and further more you MUST be disciplined. Keeping records is straightforward - you log each and every bet and THEN you analyse where you are going right, and conversely, where you are going wrong. Let's face it, we can't win all of the time, but, we can ascertain where we went wrong! DISCIPLINE is sticking to rigid rules and not waivering from them - no silly tenners here and there!! I will go one step further with discipline - if in doubt, leave it out! SIMPLE!!

The number of contributors to this blog is increasing - almost daily. That is good! VERY GOOD! Between us, I am positive a good profit can be made. Now, a request for Bob - could you please, when able, give us an accurate, updated going report - this too is so important! I'm a lazy git that will maybe look twice (and then only if it's raining or whatever near me).

I formulate form and speed ratings for EVERY race - these are a guide only, as the pace of the race is just as important. Equally, hot and cold trainers are important - I believe Bob highlighted that Nigel TD was in form recently, and he trained an excellent winner for me yesterday (11/4 SP I believe).

Another point is arbitrages, or Arbs for short. There are literally scores of these every single day, but they don't last long. I have invested in software over the years that scan all the markets and highlight them for me. The downside with these are that you need accounts with most of the conventional bookmakers as well as with Betfair. There's a lot of money in them arbs :)

I wrote in my introduction, that i write books - I do, I have had four published as I write (under an alias) and i have two ready to 'hit the presses'. I am currently researching a book on National Hunt sires - unfortunately, it's taking up far too much of my time, time i should be spending trading on the exchanges - and that is another money making angle btw.

I cannot leave this small article without plugging The Visual Form Book - it's simply the best and cheap!!! To subscribe, merely click on the advert at the top of the blog. I have no monetary interest in this form book I should add, and nor has Bob! We both feel (quite correctly) that it is the best on offer - well, until they bring in sectional timing (which they won't!)

I have no idea where everyone contributing (and reading) this blog is located, but it would be great if we could all meet up one day - The Hennessy at Newbury springs to mind!! It's possibly my favourite race of the year, and the fist Denman triumph earned me enough for the whole of the next year - yes Bob, I didn't stop bragging for at least 2 years lol

An injection of caffeine is required so I will stop wittering on and just wish you all a profitable day's racing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well well well a blog of some interest from the grunter. the idea of exposing the tender readers to a day out at the races is fine and dandy - but I recall trying to locate you at Newbury when you could not get out of whatever Bar you were sponging drinks at. If you recall your phone only worked in the lavs and was not going to be daft enough to come find you there - but times have changed and maybe you have with it (serious doubt there)- agree on the races today are pretty Dire but there are a few worthy of the odd quidlet or two

By the way ---- can you perhaps put a title to your posts - just a thought! Off to change the location of the Golden hoard - guarded by a brace of dogs does not seem as safe as once it was !

Bob

Unknown said...

Martin will be happy to do the going reports --kick me if I forget -- starting tomorrow