Sunday 26 September 2010

thoughts on Saturday


Reflections on the trends and MR Dettori for Saturday 25th

Speaking as a “rider”? Who spent more time in the cottage hospital because of the way he got of a horse – I can’t stop feeling that Frankie has to call it a day on all that leaping off the horse lark.  I am happy that he got all three of my selections from trends and postings in front at the line but that action as he hits the ground is starting to look a lil geriatric – similar to trying to put socks on during a hangover. (Now multiply ten times, add a few years and try it again—Not pretty.)

So how did it go?   
White Moonstone  lolled around the back so well for the bet in running and set the tone for us – will add that the second is a notebook animal as well Together looked as if will really come on again.

Redford was a master class ride and to tell the truth was never going to be beaten – the extra three pounds it will be assessed for this will have to be seriously rethought by the handicapper

All going on to the third blog horse and the one was most confident of – Poets Voice – had plenty sloshing around by now to go in big for me adding to the bet at 9s as posted –and what did Frankie do –well here is the in running commentary from the Taylor household 

-“ bugger missed the break –nohedidnthesreigningit backwhatshedoin?  Ohhhhhhhh into a nice rhythm go on Frankie – nooooohes left ittoolate – oh boy look at that look at that – left it too late left ittolate --- GoOn GoOn Goonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  bugger lost in aphoto  oh No he thinks hes won daft bugger its a deadheat  Dettori you over confident bugger  they all smiling yes he won he won he WON???? What a Great ride  never in doubt super Frankie knows what hes doin that lad  - go on my son a flying dismount – ooops. DONT do that Again Frankie Darlin.

 So great day for the blog all round with postings from  Martin Nathan Lasslikeslaying . and much more to come – writing down your thoughts makes for a powerful betting strategy  no matter how you come to your decision no matter your method – write it down and read/take notes take notes take notes.  Follow the way the British horse Calendar is planned - no matter how you rate approach the races   the timetable through the year is what Concentrates the minds of trainers. You have to add that to your equation. 

Just as a post script i must mention that on the occasions I went out one of the many doors open to me when trying to stay on the horse when jumping a hdles my thoughts were all hoping I wasn’t going to die this time but come round to the smell of  TCP, starched sheets and that grapes would somehow be involved as a nurse plumped up my pillow.

I remember an occasion when was fairly concussed (fairly?)    And my first sight was my oldest brother, who reassured me that I was fine apart from having all my teeth knocked out, the rather beautiful nurse  just smiled at me as I drifted off to sleep while he told me I could still feel them because my brain said they were there.  I awoke unable to feel anything in my mouth, my tongue hurt like hell and the size of a big brown dog (and the taste told me it probably incontinent at that.)
I was told with suppressed sadistic glee that I had all my teeth back in and that had been out cold for 24 hrs since “the operation”.

It’s nice to know that trauma care has moved on since those cottage hospital days – the pretty nurse being some 5 years older than the skinny lil bugger in the bed, therefore ultra desirable, confessed that only about an hour had passed and that she had nearly wet herself trying to stop laughing at what brother had told me that. – “All! I had done was bite my tongue and to be a brave Boy”

(The humiliation of the brave boy bit, plus the fact of being told she had nearly wet herself and therefore indifferent to my heroic suffering made me cringe and stop the desire stone cold)


Soon after that the trainer  stopped telling my Dad I should get back up on as soon as I fell off as I would learn, changed it to -" Think Robert is cut out to be a jockey - but not sewn together properly!"   


 So Onwards and Upwards -  they are not all winning days - hit the withdraw button close of every day your bank is in excess

 Bob

No comments: