Friday 24 September 2010

Notebook

I witnessed the eighth wonder of the world yesterday! Bob selecting a horse on the all weather! In over 7 years, that is a first. Naturally, it won, and I should have taken heed. The man obviously has more inside information than I thought. Either that, or he'd had one drink too many (I think it was the latter).

We don't often see eye to eye, but when we do, God help the bookmakers/exchanges! One thing that Bob and i do agree on is making notes. It's of paramount importance in our fight against the infidels (The bookies). Positive (and negative) notes are a valuable tool that we should all have.

I have spent five hours looking for back bets today. I found none that I consider 'value' and as such, won't be backing anything today, however, there are a number of possible lays. They will follow shortly.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Martin
you forgot to tell everyone that you have NEVER beaten me in any sphere - except "in your mind" ok Denman did win a couple against all my pleading with you - but laying that horse was one of the best angles I had last season - and you may have bought the odd yacht from your winnings so begrudgingly - you may have beaten me in the odd head to head!

Anonymous said...

To quote you Bob "beaten you in the odd head to head" LOLOLOL Have you forgotten the Cheltenham bumper winner of 2 years back - Dunguib ??!!! I PREACHED it for weeks

Unknown said...

yeah yeah - enjoyed this post so much have posted it to the timeform Radio page mate -- get on with it