Tuesday 22 November 2011

The All Weather

The all weather flat racing - a topic of heated debate for a few years now and definitely not liked by our Bob. Fibresand here and polytrack there - it just didn't seem like "our" Horse Racing (even though the yanks especially have been doing it for years). I'm not sure who in the BHRB came up with the original idea, but I would suggest that they were given a massive back-hander by the bookmakers. I am getting away from my point! I have analysed a lot of performances before and after runs on the all weather and concluded that although a separate rating HAS to be given for all weather as opposed to turf, SOUTHWELL is an entity all by itself and should be treated as such, giving us THREE sets of ratings

  1. All Weather (excluding Southwell)
  2. Southwell
  3. Turf meetings
The advent of such racing has given us a little edge against the bookmakers IMO, as the term "Horses for Courses" is SO relevant to these tracks that you can now concentrate ONLY on these courses to make a profit from such horses.

I seem to have caught Bob's 'mans' flu from the ether somehow. Cheers mate !!!!

No comments: