Monday 14 November 2011

My email to dataform today!

Hi Dataform,

Using you software has been a great pleasure and its indeed very useful thing. The System Analyser is a great tool, but its hard to find real edges or you gon into detailed Sire, Trainer, Course Analysis.

What is the most useful feature so?

When I have a race and I analyse every individual runner, I check the runners history and add the races it ran before into the racehistory and have a look against what kind of horses it ran against and so on....

My idea is to create a race average figure for the different variables bdH, BdS, BdP and so on....

You have today the 2.50 Leicester race with

First Fandango eMR 149
Rories Boy eMR 139
Katies Tutor eMR 140
Smack That eMR 148
Molko Jack eMR 138

so gives an eMR race average of 142.8!

You can do that for nearly all variables!

What is the use of those figures?
You can quickly identify against what horses the horse ran before and it opens a completely new dimension for system analysing maybe?

Say I have a race in the VFB today a Hcp race with an eMR race average of 140 and there is a fav who raced before just in races with 120 eMR race avg. 130 eMR raceavg. 112 eMR raceavg. and so on, then it gives me great knowledge, that today its facing much better horses in general and I can base my decisions on that. And if every race in the systemanalyser has this integrated, then I can filter out good systems in my view.

What do you think about that?

Cheers benucci!

Another element that would be useful is this:

As a bettor I wanna find a race which was truly run very fast and a horse that still finished strongly, so If I would be able to filter out horses that had Speed Rating of 160+ on the Hurdles and Chases but finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd in that race.
Imo you have the must have option in the analyser and it would be useful to have a must have Speed 150+ and so on and at the same time finished 1st....

Cheers Benucci!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rade-- have read this post twice now and it does not make any sense to me.... BdH best data form handicap rating
(are you sure you are using the correct variable code?) can be compared to all runners today by opening form in array that way you can see what quality race they achieved their mark speed prize course ground how many ran etc and then open the race in question to see if there are any comments in running worthy of making it your selection.
A Race "Average" is what you have got by adopting this analysis
to put it into one figure would simply be too simplistic and very misleading to my mind

Unknown said...

Bookem Danno comes with a health warning wait for him to go chasing Moscow Society bred falls way below the sped figures for the Favvy and is on my dodgepot list for sloppy hdles anyway

Unknown said...

well you have changed the post and thats cool - thanks for showing your mail to Mark my oringinal comment is now redundant now you have expanded on it (though I still cannot see the reasoning particularly as the race type -stakes/handicaps/age/number runs)will affect the reasoning to give an unbalanced comparison. Maybe its just me so will hopefully understand once mark gets his head around it!

Benhorseracing said...

Youre right with that, but it will be of use for further analysis and its a convenience which makes things easier.