Thursday 24 November 2011

12.30 Newb and then more....

When Penelope Pips won her only bumper back in march (3 horse race that didn't suit her), I recall noting that she would make a fine chaser. After a break, and no doubt some good schooling by the shrewd Evan Williams, she is up against some decent enough novices here, but the price is tempting. A place bet at the very least methinks.

In the 3.40 Uttoxeter ex Irish gelding Purcells Bridge has it's debut Uk run - its 3rd at Punchestown 030511 was a good effort (the winner won 2/2 since) and has arguably the best form.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny old post for me Martin as I thought the same have three of them with almost identical notes but the Silver Patriarch mare Kentford Grey lady is my pick for this she really did look the real deal at Exeter and she has the experience - and "Lavelle when the money is down" holds good for me and she was staying on stylishly over 2m3f -- this up in trip makes her stand out !

Unknown said...

that was a very decent run and liked the 4.5 very much as my selection for the naps table ran like a complete dog!