Saturday 12 November 2011

Inside information

"Inside information" usually equates to 'my mates, mate knows the milkman of a certain stable. I am NOT knocking this - it probably gives one extra confidence. however, during my x amount of years working as an odds compiler, EVERY day I was given so-called information. One maiden, and I remember it well, I was given FOUR different animals that were all 'catching pigeons' on the gallops or x horse is the best we've ever seen. Of course, none of the horses won, in fact, TWO never ever won a race. Let's take the Paddy Power today - was there only one trainer getting his horse ready??! If that was the case, my almost 40 years of knowledge isn't worth a penny and my subscribers will vanish! Then I'll have to go to Bobs and beg from him, sell my properties and admit myself into the local loony bin. A good call today nevertheless

P.S my milkman has told me that I shouldn't have a bet on xmas day - summat to do with the stars...or was it cod there is no racing?

6 comments:

fatalitylord said...

What services do you run mate? I'm not a massive believer of info. The way I see it is that every trainer/owner will fancy their own horses otherwise they would not bother entering them.

Benhorseracing said...

Another way I see it if you are a trainer or stable stuff at the racetrack and you earn 7 pounds per hour talking to the staff and you hear something interesting your ears are wide open and then you know about betfair, when you can bet thousands of pounds on certain outcomes and you know you have a big edge, for sure there are people doing that in big style and Im also quite sure that a lot of trainers bet when confidence is there to pay their own bills. Thats just the human nature and Betfair is a perfect market to play out your edge withou causing much trouble compared to stock exchanges.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I dont wanna call you fat, can we have another name for you? lol Ask Bob for my email - I'll give you a 7 day trial on one or two

fatalitylord said...

Email me bobby. Cheers martin. You can call me Simon!

Jack Sparrow said...

Hi Martin, i'd love to trial your services for 7 days, do I have the green light to ask Bob for your email?

Regards

Matt

Anonymous said...

Indeed you can horseman