Thursday 17 November 2011

Enjoying your Racing --- 171111

 Why are you interested in horse racing? -  There are plenty of reasons that are outside of the need to gamble.
Cos you love the win ?- its your pick its even your horse for the race you have put your money up for. 
All I want to do in this piece is to address those of you who are playing the betting game but lashing around looking for the golden bullet. There isn't one. 
 but there is a way to enjoy the sport without either holding your head in your hands cos the money is all gone  or running from the bookies/Betfair pulling your hair out.


And that is -- Don't Try so hard. Be selective study only what you really need to know.


Of course I bet on other races and have been known to go to the dreaded AW. Many has been the afternoon free to concentrate on nothing but the pleasure of watching races and backing in them on every race that runs.
But I reduce my  real betting to racing fixtures/ events I enjoy.


I normally only back in races with maximum prize money.
I normally only back marathon races at the Top Cim tracks in NH and Distance Races on the flat.
I love bumper races/ hunter chases /hands and heels races and they are puzzles to be solved rather than bets to be struck.


So Advice if I am permitted to give it - select what kind of race you like -restrict it to races with prize money worth winning  - study those races in depth along the lines put up by Horseman on Tuesday 15th  


The Horseman said...First i look at race conditions, previous winners etc, then i look at todays conditions then i look at horses suited by conditions and go through there form, make a shortlist and watch the market for clues then finally strike a bet.


(I agree in every detail to that  strategy - though am more willing to ignore the market movers)


As for Knowing what's going to happen - Don't Try so hard to fill in every piece of the puzzle - its not necessary you can see the picture well before then. Relax and enjoy 


Take it from an ole boy who has seen systems come and systems go - You want to make money by trading? - Become a bookmaker


 Bob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll agree with most of that, even the fact that I too have seen many systems come and go. I don't have 'systems' - mine are more strategies and are all still going strong!