Friday 15 October 2010

Friday ....

Newmarket, Cheltenham, Redcar and more. A massive rise in class today. I start at Redcar, where Johnston should always be noted. In the 2.00 he runs Always De Man LOST who has done absolutely zilch (eighth twice) and now is in this claimer. Intriguingly, Mark Johnstons strike rate with his grade 6 runners here is 25% and those that win, do so at a good price (this is currently around 20s). A stat that is interesting to me (and is totally irrelevant) is that his horses in stakes races at Redcar, that finished 8th last time out is 3/5 ... 60% !! It's difficult to find high strike rates at Newmarket, although I like to follow Henry Cecil. He runs the good class filly Timepiece 2nd . She won a grade 1 handicap at Ascot last time. I am concerned with the abscence from the course. Henry has a 29% strike rate with his favourites in this type of race. Another trainer I like at Newmarket is Haggass, especially in 3 year old stakes races. He runs Dever Dream WON 7/4 in the 4.40. Haggas's strike rate in 6 furlong stakes races at Newmarket is 3/4 .. 75%!

Possible Lays..... It's very early for lays, but I have machine gun style listed my potential lays for today.

8.10 Wolv Pipers Piping
5.35 Wolv Romantic Queen
7.10 Wolv Diplomasi

No comments: