Tuesday 23 November 2010

Macroman - Bobt

Am sorry that JohnC (Macroman) has departed and posting on the brilliant  Racecaller forum - his number crunching is being well received there as it was initially here .

 He feels my approach to number crunching  is too derisory and I do not give it the correct amount of respect - well that may be true in part I don't think you can relate numbers to a racehorse in the way that he does  nor have I ever found it profitable. I do however think it was a valuable contributor to the blog and will miss it .
  I feel its  shame that he has left us before he has shown the profit/loss derived from his system and hope he  will come back at some time to do just that.


Those readers who would like to continue to follow JohnC  please log in and sign up to Racecaller  http://www.racecaller.com/   its a brilliant site with some great posters  


 BobT

2 comments:

JohnB said...

I am sorry that JohnC has decided to depart.......I think you are both right, I have always found the most profitable approach is a mixture of quantitative (JohnC) & qualitative (Bob) ananlysis.

When I retire I shall spend a lot of time using stats to narrow the field..and my notes and trends etc to home in on the winner. The aim has to be to acheive a strike rate > 40%....

Mind you none of this takes into account how the horse is feeling look at Sariska or teh machinations of trainers or jockeys!!

Unknown said...

Hi John B
the whole point of this blog is an exchange of ideas - I just don't care where JohnC posts -would have liked the continuation of his posting here.
Deciding to use this blog to promote his popularity, ideas and excellence of number crunching. Telling us how good his ideas, how much people love them and and objecting to any criticism. Was a tad boring.
I felt I had the right to point out Numbers alone do not make for constructive betting patterns, that not all races will give you realistic outcomes on numbers alone.
My assertion you cannot treat a hands and heels race in the same light as a race where you can use whips, led to the ridiculous accusation "Bob was was shooting him down in flames"
I was attempting no such thing nor would I.
We either get on or we don't - in posting at racecaller and attempting to divert readers away from here John has chosen his own path - good luck to him