Wednesday 24 November 2010

Visual Form Book query

Hi Bob, all

I have a query on the Visual Form Book. It concerns how many runs you include when analysing. If you have systems - you need to set the maximum number of runs to 14.... however, especially for Handicap Chases, I find it better to analyse say 30 runs (sometimes more). The figures, as a rule, change dramatically. I was hoping that some VFB users would give me their thoughts on this.

I urge anyone that wants to make money from racing, that doesn't subscribe to a classy form book, to think again. These are essential tools in fighting the bookmaker/exchanges. I have an idea of how Bob sorts the columns for different races - excellent stuff, although I tend to use the same data for all races (it works for me).

I agree 100% with JohnB ... both a quantative and qualatitive approach is required to make a consistent profit, and surely that's the name of the game. A 40% strike rate would be great and if you are aiming for this, first rule, concentrate on stakes races. You spoke of retirement - surely Bob's been there and done that lolol sorry mate!! I had to get a dig in :)
How are you and things John - great to hear from you again my friend.

A question for Bob - can you remember the days of the VFB forum? Do you recall how and why Mark closed it? I seriously thought that was only temporary and I will be writing him later (on other matters), although I'll have a little dig at him over it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do remember Martin - a post came on one day complaining of the posts being "Happy Clappy" and idiotic in selections. A certain Martyn asked for the poster to be banned as being simply anti posting policy -- it then got a lil rough between the parties involved and could not get diffused.
Mark had enough of it and simply pulled the plug.
the postings had been solid with systems designed, layers and backers number crunchers trends - very similar to our blog today but the malice of that unknown bloke killed it stone dead.
I like the idea of VfB comparison of pages/columns/ systems. will do a post on Vfb "columns" if you like explaining my ideas of different pages for flat -handicaps chases,Hdles and bumpers AND those Track specific (Towcester Kelso Fontwell etc) If you and johnB comment and or post your approach's we can see how each of us now approach selection.

Carole has given me her thoughts on her back to lay criteria and have to say its solid information that have put into a system to highlight animals and am monitoring strike rate.(so far the system needs refining and is showing theoretical profit though does throw up too many qualifiers). It proved good for the last days of the flat turf but not so hot NH.
Its my intention to supply Carole with the list daily for her input criticism and refinement)